Friday 27 January 2012

Folksy Handmade - Practical Valentine Roses


Retro Roses Mosaic Garden Bird Bath

I had to do a Valentine Folksy Friday collection sometime, so I'm doing it this week so the ideas are there, ready for the January payday (that's been a long time coming, huh).

If I'm honest, I don't really do Valentine's Day. My other half is quite pleased. It means he doesn't have to fork out on inflated priced flowers. I've never really gone in for having bunches of flowers given to me. I'd rather have a plant (which will be cheaper than a bunch of flowers), or even a packet of seeds. Then I can grow the flowers for myself, a load more than a bunch worth too. That's much more practical. Like my Retro Roses Mosaic Bird Bath. You're giving roses, so there's the romantic bit, yet you're also giving a useful wildlife present that'll last for years too, the practical bit.




Retro Roses Mosaic Garden Bird Bath






So, there's the theme of this week's Folksy Friday. It's Roses for Valentine's Day. But, it's roses with a use, not roses that will wither within a week.

All the items picked you can either use or wear and have a rose design, a rose theme, or are rose coloured. Plus there are a few DIY kits too. A perfect gift for the Valentine that loves crafting. See the other ideas here -


(P.S. This is clearly a list of gifts for females, I will be looking into male gifts next week.)

3 comments:

  1. lovely. My pap used to grow lovely roses.
    Especially love the rose ring.

    {Dab and a dash.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Shirley. That ring does seem quite popular, Lorna, judging by the repins. I really like it too, I love stylised designs. Jo

    ReplyDelete