Thursday 7 February 2013

Daisies and Ripples

Bespoke Ripple Bird Bath
Bespoke Blue Stone Bird Bath


I've been busy over the last couple of weeks coming up with new designs and working on a couple of bespoke bird baths for a very lovely customer who wanted to use two of her own stones in the designs. She sent me the stones and let me come up with the colours to use with them. The cream/purple bird bath is for her, and uses a lovely striped marble stone that, when it was wet, had these same colours in it. The other bird bath with the blue stone is for her to give as a gift, and the recipient has a special connection with the colour orange, so a terracotta ring was added in amongst the blues. I think it works because of the terracotta rim of the saucer, so it's like a reflection of that.






Purple Daisy Mosaic Garden Bird Bath



One new design I've made up and listed in my shops now is a new colour version of my Daisy Bird Bath. I already have a white daisy and blue/green pastel background, but I wanted to use a dark flower this time. I chose the plum purple because I wanted to use cream and sand in the background colours, and purple matches them really well. The overall design reminds me of vintage fabric and has a lovely aged feel to it.

More new designs to come over the next few weeks. Keep an eye on my shop or website, or follow me on Twitter or Facebook to get the updates when they are listed.



White Pastel Daisy Mosaic Garden Bird Bath

No comments:

Post a Comment