Tuesday 17 March 2015

Succulent Modern Moorish Mosaic Pot

Modern Moorish Mosaic Succulent / Cactus Plant Pot Set
Modern Moorish Mosaic Plant Pot
I've had these terracotta plant pots for a while. I really love the simple shape of them, but wasn't really sure what to use them for as they are fairly small for most plants. But then I realised that succulents and cactus would be perfect in them. Which then got me thinking about dry, hot, desert, ancient culture, and I came up with a mosaic design that I hope has a feel of all of that plus is a little bit modern too with the shiny iridescent tiles and translucent tiles giving depth and interest, hence the name Modern Moorish as a nod to both styles. They would look great in the garden or in the house. I really like how they've turned out. In fact, I'm going to make a matching bird bath using these shapes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment